The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School and Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls, in Elstree, are two leading independent day schools in the UK. Alongside our excellent academic achievements, we offer our students a wide-range of extracurricular activity in a leafy 150-acre campus.
This is an exciting time for ICT as you will need to lead the next phase of our ICT strategy and implementation to meet the changing needs of our schools in an increasingly complex and competitive world. We are also about to embark on the integration of our support functions across both schools into one organisation so that we can provide comprehensive cover to 500 staff and 2,500 students.
You will need to embrace developing, planning and implementing the strategy for the academic and operational infrastructure, both hardware and software on the Elstree Campus and for ensuring that the systems are robust, reliable and cost-effective.
- Develop and deliver an ICT strategy aligned to the Schools’ vision in the technology experience whilst maintaining Haberdashers’ Aske’s Schools as affordable for parents.
- Provide leadership to the ICT team of sixteen staff as well as provide thought leadership to our Heads of School and our Governors.
- Ensure that pupils can use ICT safely.
- Coordination with academic colleagues to promote the use of technology within teaching and learning.
What you will need to succeed:
- Ideally you will hold a degree, with a relevant post graduate certificate in technology or strategy.
- You will have a strong understanding of running an ICT function in a large academic, or complex, environment and the impact that this can have on daily operations; especially when going through change.
- You will need to be a broad IT generalist, but you will have an in-depth knowledge of at least two of the following: communications; data management; infrastructure; media management; systems and software integration.
- Significant experience of multiple project delivery with significant budgetary management.
- Experience using cost reviews to release actual financial savings through procurement strategy and operational management that enables an organisation to function effectively.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills, and a track record of building relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Accessible location, close to M25 and M1 – due to our location you will need to drive to school.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Competitive, family-friendly reward packages.
- Attractive pension scheme and Life Assurance.
- We are willing to discuss flexible working arrangements.
For an informal discussion please call Robert Bowler, HR Director, on 0208 266 1985 or 07979 801 062 or email email@example.com
For a full job description and to apply, please visit www.habsgirls.org.uk/vacancies download the application form and once complete, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 12 November 2018.