- Are you passionate about development and committed to student achievement?
- Do you want to inspire thinkers and doers to shape a better world?
- Would you like to live and work in the Caribbean?
The International School of Port of Spain offers a full educational program for students from the age of four to pre-university. We are authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization to deliver the Primary Years Programme in the elementary grades, the Middle Years Programme in Grades 6-10 and we provide an American style high school program in Grades 11 and 12, offering Advanced Placement courses.
Our Mission: ISPS is a vibrant learning community dedicated to developing passionate learners who strive for excellence and pursue their unique potential. We encourage resilience, innovation and collaboration, preparing students to act with confidence and integrity as caring global citizens.
As Director you will build upon the achievements of the past 24 years. You will be accountable to the Board of Directors for delivering on its vision effectively and lead and serve a committed a focused Senior Leadership team. The Director is responsible for implementing and evaluating the curriculum program, the development and implementation of the School Improvement Plan, management of the day to day operations of the School, policy development and implementation, human resource and financial management. The Director develops and maintains effective relationships with all stakeholders (Board, PTO, parents, students, staff, government bodies).
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
You should have:
- Significant experience as a head of school, working and living internationally.
- Experience with the IB, PYP, MYP, DP and AP programs.
- An Advanced Degree (MA or equivalent).
- Accreditation experience.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Familiarity and proficiency in technology.
- Prior successful administrative experience as a change agent in international school settings
- Conversational Spanish (would be an asset).
You should also demonstrate:
- Passion for teaching and learning.
- Great commitment to children.
- Good listening skills, recognizing everyone's need to achieve, but also appreciating their differences.
- An openness to new ideas for school improvement, encouraging creativity
- A commitment to diversity, inspiring colleagues to do their best.
- Steadfastness in challenging and managing underperformance or poor behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance of relationships, empowering staff and students while holding accountability.
- Confidence and effective communication, utilizing flexible styles to fit the audience.
- A commitment to utilizing data for assessment and the tracking of student progress with appropriate support and intervention, based upon a detailed knowledge of individual students.
Salary and Benefits
The Salary and Benefits package for the new Director will be competitive with other leading international schools in the Caribbean.
- Appropriate housing.
- Annual round-trip airfare for Director and dependents to home of record.
- Comprehensive medical, disability and life insurances.
- Use of school-provided vehicle.
For further information about the International School Port of Spain, please visit the school's website: www.isps.edu.tt
For details of how to apply for this position, please visit http://www.wclgroup.com and click on 'vacancies'.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st September 2018 (midday UK time)
Enquiries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org