Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding.
We are keen to appoint an inspiring and motivated Drama/Music teacher who will instil a love of and passion for music and drama in our students. We have excellent facilities including drama rooms, a full music technology suite, fully equipped practice rooms, a recording studio with live room and a 70 seat theatre with integrated PA and lighting rig. We also have an established and growing peripatetic programme supported by an extensive range of instruments and a thriving extra-curricular programme in both drama and music. House events in Performing Arts are a key part of our school and very much valued.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
- Is passionate about both Music and Drama and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the faculty.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
Potential applicant visits are welcomed and should be arranged by telephoning the school and speaking with Mrs Garland.
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.ashmanorschool.com/vacancies Please download an application form and once completed send to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 12 November 2018.
We reserve the right to close the advert if a suitable shortlist is obtained so early application is encouraged.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.