Pay Scale 4: £20,667 - £22,425)
(Pro rata for a Term Time only £19,236 – £20,872)
36hours per week x 40 weeks per annum
Subject to increase after successful probation
We wish to appoint an exceptional individual to work as DT/Art Technician to provide technical and administrative support, practical assistance and advice to staff and pupils within the Enterprise Department. The focus of this post is primarily on DT support with some Art and Design too.
Hornsey School for Girls is an ambitious school, and seeks like-minded, innovative individuals to join the warm and welcoming staff team.
The successful candidates for the posts would ideally have:
· Prepare the learning environment, resources and equipment required to deliver outstanding D&T lessons
· Assist the Subject Leaders with the management of stock levels for each department, preparing orders for signature, checking deliveries, ensuring invoices are passed to Finance Team for processing
· Assist the Subject Leaders with the organisation of regular exhibitions, both internal and external, and ensure that displays are set up and dismantled in a timely manner
· Use digital media to document students’ work, exhibitions and displays for record keeping and promotional purposes.
· Ensuring that the learning environment across the Enterprise and CPA department are stimulating, safe and hygienic. This includes liaising with the cleaners / Premises Manager and the Head of Media Resources/Office Manager and other colleagues
· Undertake Health & Safety duties as directed by the School Business Manager to ensure that the school meets its duty of care to all students, staff and visitors to. The post holder will be a member of the school’s Critical Incident Support Team and will assist the Headteacher and Leadership team in an emergency
· Keep abreast of current legislation and developments in relation to your role and attend training where appropriate
For more information and to download an application form visit: www.hsg.haringey.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: Monday 15th October 2018 at 9am
Interview Day: Friday 19th October 2018
Emailed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org · Telephone 020 8348 6191
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All roles are subject to safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks of past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. New DBS checks are conducted at regular intervals for current post holders