We are seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced technician to work in our Design Technology department, supporting teaching staff in order to deliver outstanding lessons.
The ideal Candidate will:-
· love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people through the support they give;
· have workshop skills including CAD/CAM and be familiar with standard workshop techniques and equipment;
· be required to support all material areas of DT and Art.
· Ideally but not essentially have knowledge of operating a kilne;
· Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
· Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
· have great references demonstrating they are a suitable candidate, safe to work with children.
Horbury Academy has:-
· ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
· a safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
· warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
· a number of benefits to offer including an opportunity to join the Local Government Pensions Scheme, our childcare scheme, a cycle scheme, a savings scheme, Metro Card assistance; eleven weeks annual leave; personal development opportunities; free car parking and an Academy restaurant offering very reasonably priced, home-made food.
Closing Date is Monday 8th January at 12 noon.
The interviews will take place on Friday 12th January 2018
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth form College.