WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours per week (8:00am – 3:30 pm) term time only
SALARY: Grade 3 Points 12-16 (£18, 426 – 19,171) pro rata £15,372 - £15,994 actual
START DATE: ASAP
Are you passionate about Design and Technology? Are you already a Technology Technician looking for a new challenge or do you have experience of working in a technology environment? Would you love to use your skills to help our students succeed?
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals, who would love to be part of our journey at The Barlow and could be instrumental in making a difference to our student’s education.
The Barlow RC High School is an excellent place to work! As a leading Catholic High School, we are determined to create an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential. Our school motto is ‘If you believe, you can achieve’ and if this describes you read on.
You will be located in Didsbury, (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village. You will also have access to excellent transport links to Manchester city centre and surrounding areas.
You will support teaching and learning within the Design and Technology (DT) Faculty. The role will include the preparation of Design and Technology materials (e.g Wood, Electronics and Plastics) and the setting up and retrieval of equipment and materials when required for demonstrations and practical work, as well as working alongside teachers to assist in practical demonstrations during lessons in order to ensure excellent learning outcomes for the students. In addition, you will also be responsible for the organization of the workshop and preparation room, the monitoring and management of stock and supplies and the maintenance and cleaning of equipment including all machinery and tools along with any ad hoc tasks delegated to you by the Design and Technology Faculty.
• Have experience of working in an educational or other appropriate technology environment.
• Have excellent IT skills
• Have previous experience in the operation, use and maintenance of tools, equipment and machinery.
• Have the ability to prepare materials and resources and the ability to plan and manufacture prototypes and support in the making of products.
• Have experience in laser cutting and/or Computer Aided Design
• Have a good working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• Possess excellent communication skills, being able to communicate with colleagues and students.
• Be able to prioritise workload, multi-task and keep calm under pressure
• Have the ability to work as part of a team.
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack
Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title, reference and your name in the subject line of the email.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 18th March 2019
Interview date: TBC
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment.
An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.