St George´s School Malaga is the only British style school in Malaga. The school offers a high quality British style education for both local and international students aged 3 – 18. St George´s School Malaga teaches the English National Curriculum in EYFS, KS1, 2 and 3, the iGCSE in Years 10 and 11, and the Advanced Level programme in Years 12 and 13. Our students go on to study at top European universities. There are currently over 700 students attending the school. Learning takes place in well-resourced classrooms, delivered by internationally qualified educators who prepare students for an international future as global citizens.
The school is located in a northern suburb of Malaga, a beautiful city on the Andalusian coast. The climate in Malaga is most agreeable all year round.
We are looking for a candidate who for our EAL-SEN tema and consider imaginative ways to integrate and develop the current provision for one-to-one, small group, and in class support. The successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following roles with efficiency and a high degree of effectiveness:
- To offer proactive advice to class and subject teachers who are teaching students with EAL-SEN needs.
- To develop a programme of both one to one and small group lessons as best suits the needs of each student.
- To liaise closely with teachers to publish a list of key vocabulary and provide prior support to them to ensure that they understand this vocabulary before it is required in a formal classroom setting.
- To manage a reliable and efficient system of assessment for all EAL-SEN students. To then provide subsequently to staff clear advice on each student´s needs.
- To track achievements in lessons and set appropriate targets.
- To offer EAL-SEN training and strategies for staff, when necessary.
- To liaise closely and regularly with the parent to advise on their progress.
If this describes you then we would welcome an application from you. Your application should be submitted by email, (CV and cover letter and names and email contacts of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer) to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
St George´s School Malaga is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (in the UK) or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.