We are looking for an outstanding, vivacious and experienced EFL/ general English Teacher, to join an expanding and forward thinking department, who can offer new ideas to further enhance the level of intervention for our students. The successful candidate will work closely with departments and in particular the English department to continue to raise standards across the school. Our vision is to support our students to rates of progress that are equal to those of the finest schools in the world. The EAL Department hopes to create and develop a culture of first-class support in everything it does.
You should have:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• An enthusiasm for promoting learning and assisting pupils in overcoming their barriers to learning
• A commitment to delivering high quality support
• Be a team player
• Have a willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of Rosenberg
• Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
• Support our whole-school ethos in which the raising of pupils' aspirations and attainment is central to your work on a day-to-day basis
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• An appropriate degree, teaching qualification
• CELTA or equivalent EFL qualification
• Specialist experience with IELTS preparation
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, offering five different international education systems (Swiss, German, Italian, British and American). The school's International Section offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, and US High School Diploma and Advanced Placement. Institut auf dem Rosenberg is an ABRSM music exam accredited centre which is steadily growing in size and reputation. LAMDA Drama exams are now firmly established and we are very proud to be one of the very few accredited centres in Switzerland known for both our creativity and achievement record.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating "EAL teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 17th December 2017. Early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.