Due to the continuing expansion of the academy, we require a new EAL Teaching Assistant to join our experienced EAL Team.
The EAL Teaching Assistant will work with our EAL Manager to provide support and intervention to pupils with varying levels of English in order for them to raise their language acquisition and access the curriculum. You will be directly supporting the pupils, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to pupils and staff.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Morden, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in teaching.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
About Harris Academy Morden
Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The Academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.01.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Flexible working considered for the right candidate
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- Ofsted 2018 ‘There is a low turnover of staff and their morale is high’
- The Academy is traditional in our approach to discipline and has very high expectations for student behaviour. Ofsted 2018 ‘The behaviour of pupils is outstanding’
- Year 11 GCSE results consistently place the Academy in the highest percentile in the country. Ofsted ‘Pupils achieve exceptional outcomes in public examinations. Current pupils are making outstanding progress’.
- At Harris Academy Morden we pride ourselves on the inclusive approach and caring environment we have developed. Ofsted 2018 ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school’.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Morden are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.