This is a one-year contract initially, which has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate
Vision for Education is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) trained Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher on behalf of a special needs school in Peterborough. This is a one-year, full-time contract, which starts in September and has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
The maintained school specialise in providing exceptional learning support for pupils who have social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) issues.
The school is dedicated to creating positive, individualised learning experiences and opportunities for all pupils. Diversity is celebrated and recognised and they aim to work in close partnership with students to build respect. The school is committed to building resilience, increasing self-esteem and raising self-belief, whilst ensuring that all students feel they are challenged to develop their individual potential.
The successful Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) trained Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher will be working exclusively with Year 5 and 6 pupils within the school’s Nurture Hub. You will be working closely with pupils to bridge developmental gaps by providing an excellent level of nurture, emotional support and coaching alongside their other curriculum work.
To be considered for the position of Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) trained Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher you must:
- Be a trained Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Have Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) experience within a special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) setting and/or a mainstream school.
- Be a confident and resilient professional with a passion to support children with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) issues.
- Have the ability to teach stimulating and engaging lessons to classes with a maximum of eight students.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only), which is registered on the DBS Update Service. If your DBS is not registered on the Update Service or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision for Education can assist you with this when applying.
The school offer:
- An inclusive, well-resourced and accessible learning environment offering appropriate opportunities for all.
- Consistent training opportunities to continue your individual professional development.
- A working environment that recognises, values and is committed to meeting the needs of the local community.
Vision for Education offer:
- £158.35 - £184.26 a day – The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) trained Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher will be paid to scale and receive an additional SEN allowance.
- Paid weekly by our in-house Payroll Team - Income Tax and National Insurance deductions paid through Pay As Your Earn (PAYE).
- Pension contributions - Subject to a qualifying period.
- FREE CPD training courses to help with your professional development.
- Regular social events with FREE food and drinks.
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what your scale rate states.
- £50 bonus for friend and colleague referrals.
- Support throughout your placement from a dedicated education recruitment consultant.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) trained Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher post, please apply via this website or email your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or an informal chat about the post, please contact Lauren Bates at Vision for Education’s Peterborough branch on 01733 371 371 or email email@example.com.