Job Start: 01 August 2018
Number of positions: 2
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time contract (40 hours per week), initially time-limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery through Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, threby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children, whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Kindergarten).
Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 260 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day early education programme which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting. We are fortunate to be working in an attractive, purpose-built facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking two Early Years Specialists who can support the development and learning of our children in a caring and entertaining way. In Early Years 1 and 2 (3-5 year old's) we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, yet play remains the basis for learning. We use a ‘High Scope’ approach to develop the children’s growth and individuality. Child-initiated projects are developed in classroom centres and environments; children learn through a system of planning, carrying out and reviewing their play. Qualified teachers and educators work collaboratively as a bilingual team to provide dual language learning opportunities. Each group is led by an English and a German native level speaker according to the one-person-one-language-principle, enabling children to learn both languages. Early Years 3 (5-6 year old's) follows a similar programme which aims at building upon the foundations laid in Early Years 1 and 2. Additionally, the International Primary Curriculum is introduced at this stage, with classes held in English only, to structure the children’s learning and prepare them for Grade 1 at our International School.
What we require:
- Bachelor or Master level degree in related subject areas: Early Childhood Education, Child Care, Social Work or Social Pedagogy or state-approved Educator (staatlich anerkannter Erzieher) or comparable education
- A passion for delivering a quality learning experience to young children
- The capability to be a solution-oriented team player
- The desire to support our Centre in fulfilling its potential of becoming a leading Early Years institution in the country
- Some international work experience would be of advantage
- Language proficiency in English or in German
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work environment
- A team who are student and learner centred
- Ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace that continues to develop best learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- A modern workplace in purpose-built facilities with an exciting interesting conception
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig; a historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe
Please apply via our online application tool on our website and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold +49 341 – 393 77 630
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.