Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Early Years Senior Practitioner / EY Senior Practitioner to work within a private community nursery based in central London. This is a full time role starting in January (or ASAP) with a salary of £25,000. The hours are 8am to 4pm, and 10am to 6pm, and the successful Early Years Senior Practitioner / EY Senior Practitioner will have ideally worked in a similar setting previously. This nursery has ample outside space, with access to a large park, gardens, and playground equipment right on their doorstep. This is a 35-hour week permanent position, for a qualified member of staff to lead the nursery team, and effectively deliver the EYFS.
About the Role
· Early Years Senior Practitioner / EY Senior Practitioner
· £25,000 annual salary
· The hours are 35 hours per week, and these are in shifts of 8am to 4pm, and 10am to 6pm
· To provide an excellent level of care to all children within the nursery setting
· Children are aged from 2 years old, to 5 years old
· To work with an existing strong team of seven members of staff. You will work together to successfully plan and deliver a range of activities for the children, to ensure engagement and continuous learning
· Working closely with senior management and parents, providing feedback for the children and the setting
· The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with children, self-motivated, organised, positive and confident
· 26 days holiday per annum, excluding bank holidays. The nursery closes for the final two weeks of August each year
· Permanent contract
About the School
· A private community nursery located in Zone 1, and commutable from all areas of London
· Set in a large green landscaped area, with gardens regularly attended to, and access to a large playground and a variety of children’s toys
· A small setting with seven members of staff in total
· This nursery had a wonderful community feel, with bright colours throughout, a well-equipped kitchen area, and adaptable rooms used for soft play, naptime and other learning activities
· All staff at the nursery have minimum Level 3 qualification
In order to be considered for this role, the Early Years Senior Practitioner / EY Senior Practitioner will need to meet the following criteria:
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years and Childcare, with evidence of ongoing professional development (essential)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an Ofsted registered childcare setting (essential)
· Recent paediatric First Aid, Basic Food Hygiene, and Level 1 Safeguarding Training (desirable)
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD119477.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.