Wellington College Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Create a classroom learning environment that fosters active learning and engagement for young children.
- Develop meaningful relationships with children.
- Engage in reflective practice as a part of the planning cycle.
- Commit to being a teacher/researcher in a programme that fosters lifelong learning
- Partner with families and the wider community.
- The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- An ability and desire to embrace new initiatives in the education of young children.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
- A vision and passion to share your ideas, skills and capabilities with others.
- Some experience working successfully with colleagues from different educational and ethnic backgrounds.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2018