As the school expands, we need to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic professionals to contribute to the teaching of Economics throughout KS4-5 from August 2019. Applicants should be qualified Economics (and/or business) teachers and NQT’s are welcome to apply.
For more information please take a good look at the Avenor College website: http://www.avenor.ro/en/careers-at-avenor-225/.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
• Be fluent speakers of English;
• Be able to offer Economics to A level with an international dimension;
• Be able to motivate and challenge able students by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
• Be motivated to develop schemes and ensure that Economics is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
• Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
• Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
• People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
• Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
• A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
• Capacity for hard work; organized and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
• Healthy lifestyle;
• Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
• Constant learner.
• A competitive salary and benefits package;
• The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
• Maximum IGCSE classes sizes of 18, small motivated groups of A level students;
• Continuing professional development opportunities;
• Maximum contact time 80%, the remainder being Planning, Preparation and Assessment time;
• A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team of Economics, enterprise and business studies specialists;
• A great team spirit.
THE HUMANITIES DEPARTMENT
The current Humanities department consists of seven members of staff. The department offers Economics to A level, Business Studies to IGCSE and hopes to offer Business studies to A2 next year.
The department is forward thinking, plans are afoot to challenge students even more, by adopting a ‘stage not age’ concept, entering students when they are ready for summative assessments rather than delaying. The department is actively pursuing an AfL and AoL culture, students are expected to be active learners, and great critical thinkers, we want young people to see the examinations as experiences, hurdles that present challenge, but most importantly we believe that Economics is intrinsically fascinating, and we want our teachers to really ‘inspire’ the economy/business/enterprise education of tomorrows leaders.
As a teacher in our school, you would be expected to be able to motivate and challenge through differentiation all our students, as well as being a positive role model for our locally recruited staff. We would particularly welcome colleagues who are confident at mentoring students, coaching staff, providing CPD activities to their own direct colleagues or even at whole school level.
For more information about the school generally, please take a good look at the Avenor College website: http://www.avenor.ro .
• Please send your complete resume/CV;
• Please include details of your experience of delivering examination courses, and state any subjects alongside Economics you could offer together with the level;
• Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest), and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
• Additionally ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses.
• Closing date: March, the 20th, 2019, but please apply as soon as possible, as applications will be considered on receipt;
• First-round interviews will be conducted via Skype;
• Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held at Avenor College, Bucharest, in March- April 2019.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.