MPW Cambridge was founded in 1987 and is part of the MPW group of independent fifth and sixth form colleges. Our college is situated in attractive Victorian premises on the south side of Cambridge city centre with around 220 term-time GCSE and A level students on roll each year. We offer a broad range of subjects and have a tradition of expertise in intensive, exam-oriented courses. At our most recent Ofsted inspection in December 2019, MPW Cambridge was rated “outstanding” in all assessment areas. In February 2020 the Department of Education ranked MPW Cambridge in the top 1% of all schools offering A levels in the UK for student progression, coming 21st out of over 2400 schools.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer a flexible curriculum to suit students requiring one- and two-year GCSE and A level programmes with regular testing, a maximum class size of 9 students and an outstanding pastoral system to support students and teachers alike.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic A level, GCSE and Foundation course Economics teacher with a proven track record to join the department in the new academic year. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of excellent teaching practice as well as a thorough grasp of the assessment requirements at A level, GCSE and Foundation courses. We anticipate10 - 15 hours a week with room for additional hours if requested. There is also the opportunity to lead extra curriculum activities for the department.
Key Features and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Located 5 minutes from the heart of Cambridge’s historic city centre and 8 minutes from the train station.
• Potential for career progression and personal development.
• Development of teaching practice at a leading independent college rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted in all areas in December 2019.
• Life assurance, income protection, annual season ticket loans, employee-employer (4% + 3%) contribution pension scheme, fees remission for children attending MPW, free access to Cambridge Botanical Gardens.
• Additional earning potential through our Support Tuition and Easter Revision programmes is also available.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Jacqueline Quintana on Jacqueline.Quintana@mpw.ac.uk for an application pack and more information.
Application Deadline: Friday 14 May 2021
Interview date to be confirmed
Appointments are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Mander Portman Woodward
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 20 years
Mander Portman Woodward is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form situated in Cambridge. It is an independent school that forms part of the Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) group of schools, which also has schools in...