The King Alfred School is looking for a talented Economics Teacher to join our unique and exceptional school commencing in January 2019.
As a Teacher of Economics, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Teaching a part-time timetable of lessons for Years 12-13 Economics
- To ensure that teaching and learning in the classroom is of a consistently high quality on a day-to-day basis
- Within the holistic philosophy of the school, setting ambitious targets for what students can achieve in the classroom
- Create an assessment programme for the Economics Department
- To actively contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy team, with a strong collegiate culture.
To work at KAS, you will be passionate about a holistic approach to education. We value the progress young people make beyond their grades, and are fortunate in being able to create a rich experience that is true to our own principles and values. In addition to aligning with our values as a school, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- Good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- Ability to establish successful relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Strong commitment to student engagement and achievement in Economics.
Please see the attached job info pack for a detailed description of the duties involved this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Natalie Williamson, HR Officer, at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 1pm, Monday 18 2018.
Interviews to be held: Monday 25 June 2018.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.