A rare opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, innovative and experienced teacher of A-Level Economics to join our vibrant and successful Business Education Faculty. High expectations and a proven track record in delivering positive added value and personalised learning experiences in A-Level Economics are desirable.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
At GIS, we know that every student requires more than academic ability to succeed in today’s global economy, and with that in mind, we offer an incredible pastoral support system, an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and strongly adhere to a skills-based approach to learning that supports and underpins our success in meeting the rigorous academic requirements of International GCSEs and A-Levels.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice in Economics with an expertise and persuasion for the macro side of the course
- Have experience delivering Cambridge International A-Level and IGCSE Economics
- Have a student-centred, personalised approach to teaching and learning
- Possess a creative, growth mindset and be a flexible team player
- Be self-reflective and constantly looking to develop their own practice
- Be an active contributor to the Business Education Faculty (and school-wide), by sharing great practice, able to engage with data and plan collaboratively and diagnostically
- Be an ambassador for GIS and live our Values; being willing and able to engage, motivate and support learners, staff and parents
- Have an advanced ability to use technology to support and enhance learning within the classroom with a working knowledge of Google Apps for Education
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within and across teams
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A Macbook and iPad
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 8th of December 2017.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2018.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2018-19’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).