Education and Enrichment Co-ordinator
Laureate Academy, Hemel Hempstead
Location: Laureate Academy, Warners End Rd, Hemel Hempstead HP1 3DW
Responsible to: Head of Education Enrichment/School Senior Leadership team
Contract: Flexible- Full-time, Part-time or Term-Time applicants welcome to apply
Salary: H6, point 14- 19, 37 hours per week
Full time, all-year round – £22,462 - £24,799
Term- Time only: £19,255 - £21,259 (39 weeks per year)
Academy Trust and School
Welcome to Laureate Academy. We are one of the newest additions to the Future Academies family of schools, and opened in September 2018. We are sharply focused on ensuring that students at the Academy receive an exceptional standard of education.
Our academic curriculum is at the heart of school life and ensures that all students get the opportunity to study academic disciplines and extend their thinking beyond everyday understandings.
We are proud to be part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of 7 schools, Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT). The school believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
Along with our knowledge-rich curriculum, Education Enrichment is one of the key pillars of Future Academies. We believe that a strong Education Enrichment programme is an essential part of raising the aspirations of our pupils and giving them both the knowledge and the skills to achieve excellence, regardless of their background or individual circumstances.
We break down Enrichment into the following four areas:
At Laureate Academy, we are seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to co-ordinate and deliver excellent enrichment programmes to all of the academy’s pupils. Specifically, they will be responsible for the “Connect pupils to the world of work, future education, training and employment” strand, although programmes will overlap with the other strands.
To be successful in this role, the post holder will have to develop strong relationships with a wide range of businesses and organisations and work closely with academy staff to integrate seamlessly a high-quality offer into school life.
Where the Role Sits
The post holder will be based in Laureate Academy and will be joining a dynamic team made up of those working on careers/enrichment from other schools across the Trust and from the Future Academies Central Team. While the post holder will be responsible for delivery at Laureate Academy, the team work closely together sharing ideas, contacts, best practice and resources.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain effective relationships with:
o external partners including businesses, charities and other local organisations.
o Internal partners including staff within the Academy and the Trust
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of work experience placements, careers networking events and other encounters between employers/organisations and our pupils
- Present resources to students to prepare them for enrichment opportunities and life beyond school
- Coordinate the tracking of enrichment activities across the academy
- No specific experience required although experience delivering in a school environment may be helpful.
- A passion for delivering excellent outcomes for pupils
- A strong commitment to the safeguarding of children and to uphold the policies of the Academy and the Trust
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective at building relationships with a range of partners
- Excellent at problem solving
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective IT skills
- Enjoys working with young people
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with an ambitions Multi-Academy Trust
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Free use of our on-site gym
• Access to our employee benefits platform – Perkbox
• Access to the government backed Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free on-site car park
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlements
• Key benefits including pension scheme and season ticket loan
To apply: Please complete the Future Academies support staff application support staff application form (from our website) and send to Joel Nicholls at J.Nicholls@laureateacademy.org.uk
Please visit our Trust’s website (www.futureacademies.org) and www.laureateacademy.org to find out more about our ambitious educational family.
Closing date: Friday 25 October
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to shortlist, interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate applies for the post.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
We look forward to receiving your application.