GEMS Education seeks to recruit an exceptional leader to join one of the most successful education companies in the world. With over 80 schools across the globe offering various curricular including the Indian Curriculums CBSE and ICSE, American Curriculum, the International Baccalaureate (IB), and the National Curriculum for England. Every day, our leaders have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we impact 1.4 million students through the initiatives of our charity partner the Varkey Foundation. Our aim is to put education at the reach of every child.
GEMS Education is the leading provider of high quality education across the UAE, our schools aim to be the best. We are working towards all of our schools being rated as ‘outstanding’ by the Ministry Inspection by 2020. We will ensure this by recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff, nurturing and developing innovation, and using cutting edge technology and research to inform our practice.
In line with our growth plans over the next few years in the Middle East we are looking to add capacity to our existing team and are seeking to recruit an experienced educational leader who has experience across multiple schools. With an oversite of our Indian curriculum (CBSE/ICSE) schools, you will play an instrumental part in achieving our goals.
The role involves:
- Working with the Chief Education Officer to developing systems and practices that enable delivery of school improvement across the schools.
- Advising, coaching and mentoring the Principals to ensure we are delivering exceptional outcomes for our young people.
- Delivering and aligning cluster strategic plans in line with the educational vision and strategy for the company.
- Monitoring and tracking the performance, standards and quality of education across the various metrics including staff, parent and student satisfaction and financial success.
- Collaborating amongst the wider school network and sharing best practice between the schools at all levels.
- Developing with the TELLAL (Teacher Learning and Leadership for All) team professional development and leadership develop opportunities that ensure the schools are providing an ‘outstanding’ holistic education.
The Profile of Candidate
- Be a highly successful and proven executive educational leader of multiple schools/Director of Education, with a track record of educational excellence and tangible outcomes.
- Be a passionate educator and have experience of Indian curriculums (CBSE and ICSE), whether that be a recent working knowledge or career experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills that will enable you to motivate and inspire your colleagues and develop productive relationships at school, corporate and ministry level.
- Be adaptable and flexible and have the emotional intelligence required for a position at this level.
Experience of overseeing multiple schools or a Director of Education for a large educational organisation is essential as well as an openness to quickly understand and embrace the culture and opportunities that working in a diverse international company brings.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a company that is changing the landscape of education… Do you have what it takes to make a truly global impact?
The Application Process
If you are attracted and interested in this exciting opportunity and believe you can make a difference then we would like to hear from you. Please contact Danielle.email@example.com if you would like to discuss the position in more detail and to talk through the benefits of living and working in Dubai.
To apply please submit a CV and letter of application stating how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the person specification and job description to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd February. Any applications received before this date will be followed up immediately.