Educational Teaching Assistant
32.05 hours Grade 6
Monday – Friday 8.35am – 3.25pm with half an hour for lunch.
To commence September 2018 and is on fixed term basis to support a particular pupil and is subject to the needs of the pupil. The role will remain in school as long as the linked pupil is on role at our school. Presently we are seeking support for a pupil in Reception from Sept 2018.
Our successful Church of England School is looking for an experienced, committed member of staff with great enthusiasm and energy to join our team and support the learning of children with complex educational needs. You will have experience of working with pupils, delivering the aims of ‘My Support Plans’ and ‘Education Healthcare plans.’ You will have the support of a large and successful team.
Our school opened in April 2014 and has gone from strength to strength since that time. In November 2016 we were judged as ‘OUTSTANDING’ in a SIAMs inspection and in May 2017 as ‘GOOD’ with outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming, supportive and nurturing learning environment where all members of the school community work hard to achieve their goals.
We would like you to:
- Have experience of working with children with specific special educational needs.
- Be able to demonstrate the positive impact you have had when working with children with special educational needs.
- Be positive, with high expectations for children and their behaviour.
- Have very high expectations of our children and their behaviour.
- Be able to ask questions of our youngest learners that stretch their thinking.
- Professional and hard working.
- Committed to the School community
We can offer:
- Quality induction and training specific to your role
- A supportive, friendly team.
- A caring ethos with strong links to St Saviour’s Parish Church, Brownhill.
- Strong emphasis on collaborative work.
Deadline for applications: Noon Friday June 15th 2018
Applications can either be posted to the School directly or e-mailed to the Headteacher; email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application and apply as soon as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to a Criminal Record Check via the DBS.