Educational Teaching Assistant – KS1 or KS2
32.05 hours Grade 6
Monday – Friday 8.35am – 3.25pm with half an hour for lunch.
To commence September 2018 and is on a fixed term basis for one academic year pending budget.
Our successful Church of England School is looking for an experienced, committed member of staff with great enthusiasm and energy to join our team and support the learning of children. We are looking for a dedicated applicant who is able to work on a one to one basis or with small groups of children. You will need to work effectively as part of a team and have good communication skills. Experience of working with children / young people in a school environment is essential for this role. There are two vacancies, one in KS1 and one in KS2. We are particularly interested in graduates who are considering a career in teaching and have good relationships with SCITT providers and may be able to support you in your training to be a teacher in the future.
Our school opened in April 2014 and has gone from strength to strength since that time. In November 2016 we were judged as ‘OUTSTANDING’ in a SIAMs inspection and in May 2017 as ‘GOOD’ with outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming, supportive and nurturing learning environment where all members of the school community work hard to achieve their goals.
We would like you to:
- Have experience of working with children in a school environment.
- Be able to demonstrate the positive impact you have had when working with children.
- Be positive, with high expectations for children and their behaviour.
- Have very high expectations of our children and their behaviour.
- Be able to ask questions of our youngest learners that stretch their thinking.
- Professional and hard working.
- Committed to the School community.
We can offer:
- Quality induction and training specific to your role
- A supportive, friendly team.
- A caring ethos with strong links to St Saviour’s Parish Church, Brownhill.
- Strong emphasis on collaborative work.
Deadline for applications: Noon Friday 15th June 2018
Applications can either be posted to the School directly or e-mailed to the Headteacher; email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application and apply as soon as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to a Criminal Record Check via the DBS.