Area: Additional Learning Support
Job Ref: 00034
Job Title: EHCP/Annual Review Administrative Assistant
Salary: £18,354 - £20,055
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Ashley Down or SBSA, travel between sites required
About the College:
We are one of the city’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication every member of staff demonstrates.
About the Role:
We are looking to appoint an organised and professional EHCP Administrator with strong experience of administration to join our Additional Learning Support team. The main purpose of the role will be to compile a schedule of Annual Reviews and Transition reviews for college students with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), and prepare and process paperwork for the review meetings. To work closely with Additional Learning Support teams to update and maintain accurate records and to file and return all completed paperwork.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSE’s at levels A - C including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an administrative role.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to extract key information and exercise diplomacy and professionalism at all times.
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience of working with people with Additional Support Needs e.g. disability, learning difficulties, mental health.
- Knowledge of Further Education or Higher Education sector.
- Understanding of Educational Health & Care Plans (EHCP).
- Understanding of SEND code of practice.
Life at City of Bristol College:
The City of Bristol College offer generous holiday entitlement of 26 days with an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days so you will have plenty of time to recharge your batteries. In addition we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: 16th August 2017
Interview date: 25th August 2017