Permanent Part-time 30 hours per week for 48 weeks per year.
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, day and boarding Uniting Church School located in Marion, south-west of the city. We promote being courageous, curious, inclusive, kind, mindful and resilient and aim to instill these values in both our students and our staff.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional education for students Early Learning to Year 12.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced ELC Assistant to join our team on a permanent part-time basis working 30 hours per week for 48 weeks per year.
Commencing Term 1 2020, the ELC assistant is responsible for providing support to the ELC Director and ELC Teachers with the planning and implementation of the daily programs, the preparation of resources and materials and the supervision of groups of children in a safe, stimulating environment. Keys responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking support activities and required to demonstrate expertise and the acceptance of personal responsibility.
- Support the establishment of a learning environment which is stimulating, focused and nurturing.
- To work with the ELC Director, ELC Teachers and other Early Learning Centre assistants to implement the weekly and daily program.
- Work with children in small groups and individually and share observations of those children with the ELC Director, ELC Teacher and other Early Learning Centre staff.
- Assist with preparation and locate resources to assist in the delivery of curriculum.
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in accordance with WHS guidelines.
- Maintain positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues, encouraging good spirit and morale
The ELC Assistant is expected to undertake the role of ELC Vacation Care Supervisor outside of School term time and will be responsible for the oversight and effective running of the program from April School Holidays 2020.
Suitable candidates will need to hold a minimum qualification Diploma in Children Services or equivalent. You will be familiar with the Early Years Learning Framework, the NQS and demonstrate passion for and experience in working with young children. Initiative, the capacity for self-direction and the ability to contribute to and positively engage in a team are essential to this role. You will be an exceptional communicator and demonstrate the ability to relate to students and parents from a range of experience, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
A position description is available on our website under Careers www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact HR at email@example.com
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Mrs Sue Farrent, ELC Director.
Applications close 23 October 2019.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.