CONCORDIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NINGBO School is a state-of-the-art private, co-educational, school located in Ningbo, Zhejiang, China. The school caters for children of overseas expatriates and provides an immersion program for children of Chinese nationals with foreign passports or residential students from Macao, Hong Kong and Taiwan. CONCORDIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NINGBO opens in August 2021 and offers an English medium curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 2 in its first year of operation. In subsequent years, additional grades will be added through Grade 12.
As a faculty member specializing in Kindergarten through Second Grade, you will be an essential part of the development and establishment of an internationally minded Kindergarten environment in an International School in Ningbo, China.
You will assist in the launch of our Kindergarten Through Second Grade-school program, which is rooted in project-based learning, international mindedness, and taught in English.
CONCORDIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL NINGBO will begin with approximately 120 students at Kindergarten to Second Grade and will expand to a full K-12 school with the capacity to grow to an enrollment of approximately 800.
YOU WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF:
- North American or UK national and state researched-based learning objectives from aged 3 to Second Grade
- Project based learning, Montessori or Reggio.
- Carrying out formative assessments which document the child’s achievement of objectives and developmental standards attained
- Providing differentiated instructional support for every child
- Use of digital tools to document children’s development and milestones
- Participating in continuing professional development (CPD) for teachers
- Delivering project-based, hands-on classes where exploration and discovery help build critical thinking skills and foster confidence.
- Commitment to development of the whole child
- Effective creation of family involvement opportunities
YOU WILL HAVE FAMILIARITY WITH:
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards and Assessment Items, or;
- The Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework Ages Birth to Five, or;
- IB Primary Years, or;
- Cambridge Primary Years, or;
- Similar young learner frameworks
- Maintains a caring, safe, and nurturing environment in class, observing health and safety protocols at all times
- Provides developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for each child
- Is committed to and experienced in project-based learning
- Meets and instructs students in assigned classes.
- Serves on content specific curriculum committees to create content, evaluate the instructional program, and makes improvements as needed.
- Works cooperatively with other school personnel to meet students’ needs.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by school policy.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and technology consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Participates in faculty training for the instructional program.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Ensures that the testing, placement, and instruction of students align with their identified needs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a tutoring and mentoring program for students in order to insure student support and academic success.
- Establishes a set of classroom behavioral expectations based on clearly defined goals and principles.
- Understands and is aware of the cultural and language support students require for academic growth, Pre-K through Third Grade.
- Attends academic, departmental, and school meetings when required, and attends/delivers professional development sessions as directed.
- Supervises and accompanies students on excursions, as appropriate, ensuring their safety and welfare at all times.
- Participates as a member of the faculty on school committees and professional association activities.
- Performs any other related duties as requested.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with additional appropriate teaching qualifications or certification in a specific subject area.
At least 2 years’ experience in the Elementary classroom
Intercultural competence and the ability to foster collaboration and trust.
Excellent communication and classroom management skills.
Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office, virtual meeting spaces such as Skype and Adobe Connect.
Familiarity with digital learner management systems to document child progress and classroom technology
Only teachers with official permission to work will be considered – teachers who are new to China will be assisted to ensure they comply with immigration and work regulations.
Master’s degree in education
Specialization in English as a Second language
Familiarity with Chinese culture preferred.
Operational competency of Chinese is desirable but not essential
Experience in course design and curriculum writing
Believes in the potential of each student, responsible, caring, student centered
Strong work ethic, innovative, and creative
3+ years classroom experience at relevant grade
Concordia International School Ningbo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 8 years