About The Role
Here at the Bedford College Group we have a great opportunity for an Engineering Lecturer to based at our new state of the art Engineering centre, situated at our main Bedford campus. This position is currently available as a 12 month fixed term contract.
As a Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparation, delivery, assessment and verification of subject specialisms on a range of courses and level.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of developing and implementing multimedia approaches to learning and experience of successfully teaching or training a diverse range of students and adapting approaches accordingly to create a welcoming and supportive environment for students / trainees, alongside the following qualifications:
- HNC/D in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
- Certificate in Education or equivalent or willingness to achieve
- Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 3rd February 2019.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.