Engineering Workshop Lecturer
Salary: Up to £35,123 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 21st February 2019
Interview Date: Monday 11th March 2019 or Monday 18th March 2019
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Workshop Lecturer to join our dedicated Engineering team on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week from March 2019.
Main duties include:
- Teach within the Engineering team on a range of programmes, delivering effective learning for students in a workshop environment
- Be up to date to plan, deliver and assess high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hours per annum)
- Develop and share resources for the course/subject
- Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
- Complete required assessment duties in relation to student assignments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in an Engineering related subject area or appropriate professional qualification (desirable)
- Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
- A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
- Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Engineering) (desirable)
- Fabrication & wielding experience primarily machining or electrical/ electric skills (desirable)
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.