English & IPC Teacher
Wellington College International Hangzhou
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- August, 2018
- Apply by:
- 31 January 2018
Wellington College China Recruitment Open Day
21st and 22nd January 2018
We would like to welcome you to discover all that Wellington College has to offer:
- Meet the Masters of Wellington College China Schools
- Find out about life in China
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou will open in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. We are creating a new level of excellence for bilingual education in which our pupils follow a curriculum based upon the Chinese state requirements, enhanced by the National Curriculum for England that will lead to IGCSE and “A” level examinations. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
- Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
- Undertake class management as a class teacher.
- Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard through collaboration with an international co-teacher.
- Teach English lessons and IPC lessons independently.
- Participate in co-planning meetings with international and Chinese teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions.
- Assess regularly the students’ work by means of formative and formal termly/half-termly assessments, as directed by the Head of Primary and the Head of Junior High. Communicate regarding any student whose progress or behaviour gives cause for concern.
- Monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching, maintaining good standards of practice and ensuring progression. Work collaboratively and effectively with an International teaching partner.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description has been provided in the supporting document section.The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV, cover letter and application form with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: January 31st, 2018
About Wellington College International Hangzhou
- Wellington College International Hangzhou
- 2399 Xue Zhi Road, Xiaoshan
Wellington College International Hangzhou is the 13th member of Wellington College family worldwide and the international school of first choice in Hangzhou. We offer a uniquely British style international education delivering academic excellence for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18. We follow a world class curriculum based on the English national curriculum which naturally leads into IGCSE and A Level qualifications in Sixth Form. Our students will go on to attend the best Universities in the UK, USA and beyond to continue their studies. As with all Wellington College schools, the Wellington Values and Identity form the core of a wellbeing focused education, delivered by our team of highly trained, expert and enthusiastic teachers.
The Wellington College Hangzhou campus covers over 74,000 square metres and hosts a range of custom built, state-of-the-art facilities that provide pupils with access to the very best academic and co-curricular opportunities.
Wellington College International Hangzhou is guided by a clear Vision and Purpose founded upon three strong pillars and expressed in our motto: ‘Be You. Be More.’
Our Vision and Purpose
We offer a pioneering education to serve and help shape a better world, combining the very best of British and international education to create a pupil-centric, multilingual, multicultural and inclusive learning experience.
We inspire our children to be the best version of themselves, to take pride in where they come from and to be the change they wish to see in the world.
Be You. Be More.
Inspiring our children to be Learners, Connectors, and Changemakers.
Our Three Pillars
We are Learners
with the passion, intrinsic motivation and critical thinking that enables us to solve real world challenges.
We are Connectors
with the confidence, openness and empathy to bridge cultural chasms and bring our world closer together.
We are Changemakers
with the knowledge, networks and commitment to better serve our community and make a positive impact on the future.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.