Agency: Department of Education:
Work unit: Katherine High School
Job title: Senior Teacher – English and Humanities
Designation: Senior Teacher 1
Job type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed to 27/01/2023
Position number: 7230 RTF: 204860
Contact: Sharon Oldfield, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the agency : www.education.nt.gov.au
Apply online : https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=204860
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
The Senior Teacher is the educational leader and manager of the English and Humanities Faculty. They oversee and support the implementation of an innovative and engaging educational program that caters for a diverse range of students and take an active role in student management and staff support.
Katherine High School is the only government secondary school in Katherine, catering for students from Year 7 to 12. The school caters to a diverse student population from a range of social, educational and cultural backgrounds. Katherine High School takes great pride in its inclusive practices and works hard to live up to our core values: Inclusion, Respect, Effort and Resilience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Undertake teaching responsibilities in accordance with Senior Teacher requirements.
2. Ensure delivery of appropriate curriculum and adherence to assessment, including regular clarifying and confirming sessions, to ensure that student progress is prioritised, recording and reporting procedures in accordance with school and other relevant policies.
3. Ensure effective student management procedures in accordance with school and other relevant policies.
4. Allocate students, staff and resources to optimise student learning outcomes.
5. Coordinate effective information flow between staff, school management and other relevant bodies.
6. Manage budgeting and the maintenance and security of resources in accordance with school policy and procedures.
1. Registration with the Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory and Current Working with Children Clearance Notice or the ability to obtain these.
2. Demonstrated effective teaching, clarifying and confirming and reporting experience in a in a secondary school Mathematics and Science Faculty.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated curriculum and assessment processes across Years 7-12
4. Proven ability to lead effective teaching teams to improve student outcomes through high-level interpersonal skills.
5. Commitment to the whole school Positive Behaviour in Schools processes and philosophy
Experience in providing quality literacy intervention programs with demonstrated improved student outcomes.
Approved: January 2021 Sharon Oldfield, Principal
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government