About Lycee International de Londres
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Programme (EIP). Our school is now also a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first cohort will be in 2019.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
You will be joining a department of 10 teachers and will be required to teach all levels (Year 7-13). You will also be required to teach English as a first and second language and English literature.
You may have the opportunity to teach in both programmes (tracks) and eventually teaching in the IBDP.
You will be expected to contribute to the wider community of the School through Discovery classes, Open Days, School events. Each teacher creates his/her own schemes of work in line with the French and English national curricula and collaborates with colleagues on the departmental policy, exam prep, revision classes, school trips etc.
The department works to the highest standards and has outstanding results in IGCSE (January 2017, 93.5% A-C). Experience of preparing Oxbridge candidates is welcome but not essential.
- To always act in the best interests of pupils.
- To support the school’s ethos and aims.
- To act in accordance with school policy and the school’s Code of Conduct.
Essential Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A good honors degree or equivalent
- A teaching qualification such as QTS/PGCE/ITT
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the English curriculum and related pedagogy
- An awareness of the impact that their subject can make to the whole school
- Ability to teach English to KS3 and KS4
Professional Learning Responsibilities
- To maintain thorough and current knowledge in the subject area(s) taught.
- To maintain a full overview of curriculum developments.
- To engage fully with professional learning opportunities, including INSET, working groups and professional learning communities, even where these fall outside core school hours.
- To work collaboratively and support the professional learning of colleagues.
- To engage with evidence and research to direct improvements in teaching and learning.
- To be genuinely reflective towards one’s practice and pursue consistent improvement.
- To engage fully with structures that support professional learning, including appraisal and observation.
- Local or international training opportunities (CPD)
- Free loan of iPad worth £800 non-taxable
- Free weekly language classes (French or English)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave, 2 weeks fully paid
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen every day, equivalent to £1000/annum nontaxable
- Free hot beverages throughout the day
- Discount at nearby Costa and Dapper dry cleaning
Interview Date: TBC
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.