English / Language Arts
Vanke Bilingual School
Shanghai / Minhang
- Quick apply
- USD 3500 - 6000
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 20 February 2018
1. Teaches 26 teaching periods per week to international curriculum students according to subject specifications and guidelines
2. Provides monthly teaching plans in line with the Scheme of Work (SOW)
3. Sets and marks monthly tests, and give feedback to students in the form of student report
4. Acts as tutor to a group of students
5. Sets and marks homework on a regular basis in order to enhance students’ learning.
6. Participates in meetings with parents.
7. Participates in ‘Open Days’ for prospective students and parents.
8. Invigilates exams as per the arrangements made by CP.
9. Writes references for students and helps them to edit their Personal Statements for application to universities.
10. Accepts other duties assigned to enhance the learning experience of the students and smooth functioning of the Centre.
11. Attends meetings and training sessions which are considered necessary for staff development.
Competitive salary package, salary range: USD 3500 - 6000 per month (which includes housing)
Daily work: 7:45am-4:00 pm
Work related visa
Free tuition for 1 dependent within the Vanke Schools
Required Certificates: Teaching Credential/License
Education Required: Bachelor
Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 Years
1. A minimum of a bachelor's degree; candidates with appropriate teaching qualifications are preferred;
2. Patient, reliable, responsible, detailed-oriented;
3. Good team player with excellent communication skills.
4. Familiar with international curriculum education in Shanghai;
5. Strong English comprehensive abilities and understand the differences between Chinese and Western culture, good at working along with foreign staff in Chinese culture;
6. Self-motivated, responsible and capable of working under pressure;
7. Candidates with related international curriculum teaching experience, with over 5 years’ related full time teaching experience are preferred
About Vanke Bilingual School
- Vanke Bilingual School
- 3568 Qixin Road, Minhang District
Shanghai Vanke Bilingual School grew out of the International Bilingual Program of Fudan Vanke Experimental Private School. At present, there are students from 20 countries and regions, including the United States, Canada, Britain, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and Mainland China.
Founded in 2006, International Bilingual Program . We aims to merge the Chinese education essence with Western education essence. We cultivate students the international perspective and international communication ability in hand while rooting in Chinese culture. The Chinese teaching and English teaching respectively accounts for 50%.
Small class size with 20 students contributes to an intimate and harmonious teacher-student relationship. Every child is respected as an individual learner. They are fully cared and encouraged by the adult staff at school.
Through practice and exploration, students are equipped with not only good learning habits, but also diversified thinking ability. The Chinese-English language ability of the grade-6 students has reached the level of twin mother-tongues. In Chinese language ability examination, the students are among the best of Minhang district. The English proficiency assessment of the students is based on the American ITBS. According to the historical test performance, students of every grade are better than American students of the same age in English proficiency. The test scores of Grade 9 students exceed the average scores of the American Grade 10 students.
The mission of Shanghai Vanke Bilingual School is to Inspire Unlimited Potential (I UP). Through the rich and challenging bilingual, multicultural and integrated curriculum, we are devoted to cultivating students’well-balanced personality, lifelong learning ability and innovative leadership, thus laying a solid foundation for a sound and fruitful life for all our students.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.