MPR / UPR + TLR2b (£4,100)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English with a passion for accelerating progress within our English department. You will have the ability to teach across the full age and ability range and will be able to enthuse, engage and motivate our students to achieve their full potential. This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent English Teacher
- Be a committed team player;
- Have good leadership skills,
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Felixstowe Academy's ethos;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
You will join a friendly and welcoming faculty which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about teaching.
For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to work alongside the leadership team in English to develop the curriculum and support teaching and learning for a specified Key Stage, for which a TLR is available. .
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; a fantastic place to live and work, a reasonable travelling distance from London, Cambridge and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11-18 Academy and part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We have a new state of the art building equipped with a ‘super-lab’, a number of multi-purpose learning spaces, performance spaces which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe.
Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with Chromebooks for students in Key Stages 4 & 5. Achievement and participation in Sports and Arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level. In addition, we can offer you a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, and a strong focus on staff induction, training and development.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on 01394 288228.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
This position is required to commence as soon as possible
Closing date: Sunday 9 December 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.