OVERVIEW OF PROGRAM
The Reading Frontier (RF) program was founded by the YueCheng Education which, together with Beijing City International School (BCIS) are both invested by YueCheng Group, therefore we adhere to the same education philosophy and quality.
The Reading Frontier (RF) program is intended for students aged four to twelve. The goal of the program is to nurture in students a passion for reading and to teach the skills and habits required to maintain this passion throughout life.
RF is an inquiry-based program in which students are motivated to channel their natural curiosity through the guided investigation of topics of great personal interest. In this way students harness the power of reading to enhance their critical thinking skills. At the end of the program each student applies his/her new learning by presenting a creative project of his/her choice.
1. Native-level English speaker
2. B.A. or M.A. in Education or equivalent.
3. Internationally recognized teaching certification
4. Minimum 3 years’ teaching experience K-8. Knowledge of current reading levelling systems and reading series, experience in teaching English reading preferred.
5. Experience in inquiry-based learning
6. Ability to meet the learning needs of students acquiring English as a second language
1. Teach English reading curriculum to students aged 5 – 12 in small groups.
2. Develop unit plans and lessons, implement criterion-based assessment for both formative and summative assessment.
3. Ensure that curriculum and assessment are implemented according to the curriculum
4. Maintain student progress files.
5. Inform parents regularly of students’ progress.
6. Maintain effective discipline in the classroom and ensure the safety and security of the children at all times.
7. Participate in social and marketing promotional activities.
8. Participate in training seminars to enhance and develop professional teaching skills.
1. Salary Package 200,000-400,000 RMB/year depending on qualifications
2. 15 working days of paid annual leave
3. Yearly bonus
4. Paid work visa with full assistance
5. Housing allowance
6. Medical insurance
7. Training and workshops provided
Please also send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org