Mamoura British Academy
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Expiring soon
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- August 2018
- Apply by:
- 1 March 2018
Aldar Academies are currently seeking an English Teacher for Al Mamoura Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing August 2018.
Al Mamoura Academy exclusively follows the English National Curriculum during the primary years, and offers one of two pathways in secondary school. In years 12 and 13, the school offers two pathways: British A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
- Tax Free Salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance and Air Fare
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE and minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Strong experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.
About Mamoura British Academy
- Mamoura British Academy
- East Ring Road
- Abu Dhabi
- United Arab Emirates
Al Mamoura Academy is a partly co-educational international school located in Abu Dhabi, first accepting an intake of students in 2016. The school has primary and secondary areas, with the school’s primary division being co-educational and secondary being girls-only. As a newly built school, Al Mamoura Academy is able to boast of a huge range of modern teaching and recreational facilities, such as an auditorium, a swimming pool, numerous sports courts and halls, as well as a fully equipped library and extensive IT facilities. The curriculum at Al Mamoura Academy is primarily based on the English curriculum in primary phases, whilst secondary phases offer a wider range of international qualifications including GCSEs and A-level studies as well as a US Curriculum pathway. The school also offers Arabic and Islamic studies programmes should students wish to study them. In addition to this, the school has a wide range of extra-curricular activities available for students to take part in.
Values and Vision
Al Mamoura aims to provide a high quality, well supported and primarily English-style education for students both national and international. Teaching staff at Al Mamoura Academy are expected to be highly-qualified in their chosen field, and to further develop their teaching skills whilst working at the school. This includes holding an undergraduate degree in the subject they wish to teach, as well as hold prior teaching experience and conform to a number of other requirements depending on the seniority of their position.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.