Required from September 2021, an English teacher to teach at GCSE and A level.
We are looking for an outstanding and ambitious teacher or NQT to work in our strong English department. The department achieves positive outcomes at GCSE and A level and Ferndown Upper School has been placed in the top 20% of schools nationally for its GCSE and A level results for the previous three years.
We have led the way locally with a forward-thinking research based approach to teaching and learning. We follow an interleaved curriculum that allows students to build knowledge and skills over their time at Ferndown. We are particularly proud of our systematic knowledge based testing and Michaela marking approach which has led to the outcomes outlined above.
In the 6th form, the department recruits well to both English Literature and English Language A Levels. The department offers a range of extra-curricular activities to A Level students including theatre trips, lectures from visiting experts and visits to literature festivals.
What we offer:
• Great students who behave impeccably, so you are allowed to teach.
• Tight, robust behaviour systems.
• Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (so you do not need to organise, run or chase detentions).
• Highly visible and supportive senior leaders who have your back.
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback, so you do not need to mark exercise books. We do not have onerous marking policies because we believe in verbal feedback.
• No formal graded lesson observations, just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop. We believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
• Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
• Really well kept site, in a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
We welcome applications from both NQTs or more experienced teachers of English.
Completed Application Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
Closing date: MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 23RD MAY 2O21
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ferndown Upper School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 19 years