Ark Acton has recently joined the network of ARK Schools and is dedicated to supporting the education of all students.
We are recruiting for an outstanding English Teacher to join our school. The English Teacher will be responsible for planning and delivering the highest-quality lessons and achieving excellent results for their students, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn.
The successful candidate will deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results for students.
We offer you the best training and support at every stage of your career. You will receive regular coaching sessions, timetabled CPD each week, as well as staff collaboration across the network.
As a teacher at Ark Acton, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi academy trusts, with a network of 39 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• A salary higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Ruth MacMurray.
HR Administrator on 02031102400
Ark Acton Academy
Job Description: English Teacher
Reports to: Head of Department
Start date: January/Spring/Autumn Term
Location: ARK Acton Academy
Salary:Commensurate with the post / dependent on qualifications and experience
As a teacher in Ark Acton Academy, you will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. You will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
• Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential, and in doing so meet their progress and attainment targets
• Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
• Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by the Head of Department or Principal
Note: Exceptional candidates may be considered for additional responsibilities.
Person Specification: English Teacher
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Degree in English
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable commitment to raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
• Excellent understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
• Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for English
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Knowledge of the national secondary education system, examinations and curriculum
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student
• Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to every student, regardless of background
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
• Resilient, motivated and committed to achieving excellence
• Reflective and proactive in seeking feedback to constantly improve practice
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice
• Commitment to and understanding of professionalism in line with the National Teaching Standards
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
• Willingness to undertake training
• This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.