Starting Date: Either 1st July or 1st September 19
Closing Date for application: Tuesday 23rd April 9 a.m.
Salary: Inner London Salary (£29,664 for NQTs).
Please note – a 1st July start is on offer for NQTs/available teachers
We also welcome applications from those looking for both part-time positions
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 120 schools nationally, for student progress. We are looking for an English teacher with real potential and a great love of the subject. We have an excellent, supportive English department with a tremendous record of developing both students and staff. This post is open to more established practitioners and to NQTs. An ability to teach Media or Drama would be beneficial but is not essential.
• Greenford High School is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression.
• We have a great record of developing NQTs, training over 30 student teachers each year and partnering Teach First in hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers.
• A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 530 students, with many A Level classes
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building which has just opened
• Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at firstname.lastname@example.org