Teachers with MYP or DP experience is required for this position.
Applications can be sent directly also to firstname.lastname@example.org
S/he will carry out the following duties over and above her/ his work as a Teacher.
• To take a lead role in the managing and teaching of the curriculum.
• To evaluate and review the curriculum design in keeping with Examining Board requirements, school requirements and changing international school practices.
• To develop, implement and monitor subject policies and procedures.
• To monitor teaching strategies and assessment methods in the department.
• To support and train new members of the department.
• To appraise teacher performance in keeping with the school’s policies.
• To ensure that teachers receive appropriate in-service training
• To hold regular department meetings aimed at coordinating the curriculum and establishing good practices.
• To liaise with members on student progress
• To meet with and report to the School Director and relevant Principals.
• To hold moderation meetings with teachers on ongoing assessment and examination corrections
• To report back to members on appropriate issues raised and decisions made at Heads meetings
• To provide effective support to ensure that there is good discipline in classes.
• Liaise with other Heads of Department on cross-Curricular themes and projects.
• To budget texts, resources, teaching aids and other relevant requirements in consultation with members of the department. To ensure that there is adequate resource available to students and teachers.
• To ensure cataloguing and effective stock control
• To ensure that resources for the department are centralized and easily accessible.
• To ensure that the library has enough in texts and reference materials to support learning for both teachers and students
• To ensure that class room and central courtyard notice boards celebrate student work effectively
• To ensure that appropriate substitution work is available when teachers are absent.
• To plan deployment of teachers for an academic year.
• To assist the School Director in hiring new staff.
• To assist in the procedures of school and board examinations.