Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced English Teacher to join an outstanding secondary and sixth form academy status school based in Hendon, North West London. This full time teaching position is available for an October 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year, with potential to go permanent for the right candidate. This English Teacher vacancy is full time and it will involve teaching across two campuses located in a close proximity to each other. The school is known for being one of the best performing comprehensive schools in the country and the students attain consistently high standards in their GCSE, A/S and A Level examinations. Students, staff and parents share the highest expectations; therefore, a candidate with a previous experience working in a high performing school would be suitable for this role.
About the Role
- English Teacher
- To promote the delivery of outstanding teaching from KS3 to KS5
- Full time fixed term contract
- Up to £47,000 depending on experience
About the School
- The school is regularly ranked as one of the top comprehensive schools in the country by The Times and Sunday Times
- Rated as ‘Outstanding’ in all categories in its last Ofsted inspection
- The school currently has two campuses, a boys’ campus and girls’ campus, which are over a mile apart
- The two campuses share leadership teams and teaching staff
- Easy to access using multiple routes using public transport
- Looking to set up interviews ASAP
In order to be considered for this role, the successful English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in English Studies
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term within the past two years essential)
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Possess the ability to teach pre planned lessons and partake in marking work
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXK12441.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.