Teacher of English
(Permanent & Full-time) MPS/UPS
Required from 01 September 2020
Closing Date for Applications is noon on Tuesday 31 March 2020
‘This is a self-improving school driven by an unassuming yet unswerving determination that no pupil is left behind’
Park High School is an oversubscribed 11-16 student community situated in Colne on the border between Lancashire, North and West Yorkshire and has over 1091 students. We are easily accessible and whilst some of our current staff are local, many also travel from Preston and the Ribble Valley, Keighley, Bradford and the surrounding areas.
In September we jointly formed the Pennine Trust with three of our feeder primary schools. As the lead secondary school within the Trust, we have maintained our parental and community confidence. Park High School is the school of choice in the area and in 2019 we once again celebrated improved GCSE results.
Creating a climate of independent learning and embedding a culture where teachers and support professionals can thrive and take risks with teaching and learning are all very much part of our school.
We are a school committed to:
- Raising aspirations and bringing out the best in all students
- Exceptionally high levels of academic achievement and personal development
- Our mission of developing young people with active and creative minds
Park High School will provide:
- Staff who will unfailingly reassure students that by working together there are no barriers that they cannot overcome to achieve their full potential
- Students who strive to attain exceptionally high levels of academic achievement and personal development
- Excellent opportunities for your professional development
- Friendly and supportive colleagues, who go the extra mile
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, providing engaging and creative learning experiences for all students.
- Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the English Faculty to be the best that they can be.
- Be committed to raising the achievement of every student.
- Have high expectations and a commitment to the wider life of the school.
Park High School is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children.