Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced English teacher to work in an outstanding independent school in central London. The post is to teach English across Years 7-11, up to GCSE level, 3 days per week (Monday to Wednesday) on an ongoing basis. This may lead to an offer of a permanent contract to the right candidate.
About the Role
- English Teacher
- Teaching Years 7-11 English including GCSE Language and Literature classes
- Ongoing part time contract 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
- MPS salary up to M6 Inner London (pro rata equivalent) depending on experience and qualifications
About the School
- Independent co-educational school
- Small school size of approximately 250 students
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted during its most recent inspection
- Beautifully furbished and very well resourced facilities
- High level of achievement and attainment from students in all year levels
- Specialist teachers throughout the school
- Friendly and mutually supportive staff
- Central London location based in Zone 1
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa / right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number GMH37529.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and / or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.