Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to work in an ‘Outstanding’ independent special school that caters for children with speech & language needs. This ‘Outstanding’ special needs school is located in the south west area of London, and is accessible via car and public transport. There is parking available on site, and the closest station is a few minutes’ walk from the school. The English Teacher will teach class sizes of up to nine students, and will have ample support within the classroom. This will be a permanent contract starting in September 2019.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Teach English to students in KS3 and KS4
• An ‘Outstanding’ independent special needs school that caters for children with speech and language difficulties.
• Permanent contract from £27000
• Full time role commencing in September 2019. The hours at this school are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
• Small class sizes of up to nine students, with support provided within each classroom.
About the School
• The school is located on the outskirts of SW London in the London Borough of Merton, in zone 4. Easily accessible by public transport, and parking available on site
• Other special needs are common place within this school, and the behaviour is reasonably good and well managed
• This school has excellent facilities, including a large outside space for the children and recently refurbished Science and Home Economics rooms.
• A total of 240 children attend this school, aged from Early Years up to Post 16
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent curriculum
• NQTs and/or Overseas-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number#LXD537892
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.