Position: English Teacher
Location: Eccles School, Norfolk
Hours: 40 hours per week (term time currently 38 weeks)
The Aurora Group:
We’re an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are currently looking for an English Teacher in Norfolk where our Aurora Eccles School supports young people from year 2 up to year 13, with complex anxiety or mental health needs typically related to Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism and other conditions.
The key to this role will be your ability to deliver high quality teaching and learning of all our pupils (many of whom have Specific Learning Difficulties and complex needs) who study English in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 (whether as part of the main curriculum or chosen for GCSE/BTEC).
You will be expected to provide leadership across the school for the implementation, development and delivery of the English Curriculum including:
- setting, monitoring and reviewing personalised targets, quality and standards that will optimise learning for every pupil
- contributing to school planning and self-evaluation
- providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
- advising the Deputy Head and Headmaster on appropriate resources and materials
You will also have responsibility for AFL, pastoral care and outcomes and will be expected to contribute to the review of Statements and EHC plans, PEP and LAC reviews.
Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to positively change the lives of the young people that we work with.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- PGCE / CertEd or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training (essential).
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to students with a wide range of needs
- Knowledge and experience of supporting age range and of students with ASD and associated complex needs
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles
- Experience of a range of approaches to managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours
- The ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
If you are interested then please apply on-line, or for more information, please call Aurora Eccles School HR Department on 01953 887217 or email EcclesHR@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer