The Oratory Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent day and boarding school providing an enriched education to boys and girls aged 2 to 13. Benefitting from being part of the wider Bellevue Education group, we are committed to delivering exceptional teaching; combining the best of tradition with the latest innovations. Set within 65 acres of Oxfordshire countryside with outstanding facilities, we nurture happy, balanced, confident and inquisitive children.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated English teacher to join our high performing team. The ideal candidate will be keen to contribute fully to school life at The OPS and will have a genuine passion for teaching and learning. The role will involve teaching English predominantly in the Senior Prep part of the school across the 9 to 13 age group. NQTs are encouraged to apply.
Other duties include;
- Teaching scholarship candidates
- Preparing pupils for examinations at 11+ and 13+
- Attending meetings within the school to share good practice and develop school and departmental policy.
- Assisting in the evaluation and development of the English curriculum in the Senior Prep part of the school.
- Working with the Head of Faculty on the preparation and marking of examination papers and analysis of results.
- Contribution to the dramatic, literary and public speaking life of the school
- Involvement in the life of the whole school community, including providing sessions for the Saturday Enrichment Programme and the school’s thriving activities programme
- Any reasonable requests that the Headmaster or Senior Leadership Team may make
- Energetic and positive with strong classroom management skill
- Organised and able to prioritise effectively
- Forward thinking and passionate about progressive and innovative education
- Familiar with the requirements of the National Curriculum and the Common Entrance syllabus.
This is a permanent full-time position. The successful candidate must be able to commit to working occasional weekends and late evenings as and when required.
The Oratory Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years