We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join a successful and supportive team, who will be required to teach English at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. A Level desirable. Also, an interest to teach media is desirable. The English Department is committed to providing high quality teaching and learning for all students and the post represents an ideal opportunity to work in a happy, friendly, positive environment.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a very successful team of committed and highly qualified teachers.
- A supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important.
- Great facilities and resources.
- An opportunity to develop through an extensive CPD offer, such as, comprehensive Middle Leadership development programme which includes opportunities to access NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders.
- Opportunity to participate in the SSAT TEEP programme.
- If new to teaching, we offer a bespoke induction and training programme with built-in support and mentoring for NQTs.
- To become part of Prospect School at its most pivotal and exciting time.
Prospect School is located near to the motorway network and has excellent public transport options, providing frequent and reliable access to the school, but is a pleasant, green and open site. The teaching at this school is geared to meet the needs of the diverse community it serves, operating under inclusive and candid ethos. Prospect is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person in our care. Prospect is a successful 11-18 school with a strong focus on learning in all aspects of its work. There are 1,350 students on roll, including 170 students in the Sixth Form. The school is at the forefront of many educational initiatives, and has a very positive attitude to change.
We welcome visits from candidates. If you are interested in joining us and would like to visit the school, please contact the Office Manager, Mrs L Akister on 0118 9023152 or email email@example.com to make an appointment. Applicants are encouraged to seek information about the School via the website: www.prospect.reading.sch.uk Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered, which can be downloaded from the school website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment of the successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS certificate and registration with the update service. Prospect School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Monday 4 June 2018.
We encourage early applications, and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
Cockney Hill, Reading, RG30 4EX
Head Teacher: Mr P Davies
Telephone: 0118 9023152
Fax: 0118 9504172