Hillcrest Manor House School is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education campus which is set in picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School is a DfE registered independent school which offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
We are looking to appoint a qualified and experienced English Teacher who is enthusiastic, committed and reliable with a passion to work with our pupils, encouraging positive learning and rewarding pupils for good behaviour.
Alongside constantly valuing staff development and providing good opportunities for subject expertise with high levels of support and professional development for all members of the team, Manor House prides itself on its small, nurturing class sizes. Allowing each child to receive a more personalised approach to learning, growing and developing every individual to their full potential
You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic and vocational studies. The role will be challenging yet rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (term time only).
In brief, your role will involve:
- Plan, deliver and teach English to individual students or small groups at Secondary level
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistence
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching English, ideally in a Secondary capacity
- Be experienced or have an interest working with children with challenging behaviour
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Apply now or call our recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 for more information
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.