Mulberry Academy Shoreditch
- Main Pay Range (£28,660 - 39,006) and Upper Pay Range (£43,616 - £47,298)
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January 2018 or sooner
- Apply by:
- 26 October 2017
About Green Spring Academy Shoreditch and our values
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch was judged to be outstanding in every category by Ofsted in its most recent inspection. It is a smaller than average 11-18 mixed community school with approx. 1000 students. Outstanding learning and teaching is at the core of everything we do. We aim to raise attainment to exceptional levels and we value the contribution every student can make, regardless of ability or background. We have high expectations of all, in a caring and supportive environment.
About this position
We are currently seeking an exceptional and highly experienced English Teacher, who is enthusiastic and talented, to build on the success of the high performing English Department.
Our staff and students have already identified what they expect you to be like:
• You are an outstanding teacher
• You love working with staff and students in classrooms to help them achieve their potential • You have an unshakeable belief that all children deserve an excellent school and you want to be part of making Green Spring Academy Shoreditch outstanding
• You help everyone unlock their potential as teachers, as learners, and as leaders
• You have been very successful as a teacher and leader in raising standards in a school that is similar in context to Green Spring Academy Shoreditch
• You have previous experience of working in secondary school education You will also need to be well organised, to ensure you plan and deliver high quality, engaging lessons, catering to all levels. You will be passionate about your subject and share and instil this passion in your students.
The benefits we offer
• A generous pension that includes life insurance cover
• Staff are encouraged to use the free gym on site
• We have a staff choir, employee assistance program, cycle to work scheme, an interest free season ticket loan, a multitude of discount vouchers with You At Work and free eye care tests
• Best of all, we offer free breakfast and lunch to our staff
If you think you can make a brilliant contribution please apply. CVs will not be accepted.
The closing date is 12 noon on Friday 13 October 2017 and the interview date will be either Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October 2017.
Green Spring Academy Shoreditch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
About Mulberry Academy Shoreditch
- Mulberry Academy Shoreditch
- Gosset Street, Bethnal Green
- E2 6NW
- United Kingdom
We are delighted to welcome you to Mulberry Academy Shoreditch.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join our motivated and enthusiastic staff team. Mulberry Academy Shoreditch (MAS) is an outstanding education provider, with a proven track record for success and academic excellence. One of the many ways we look to secure this for the future of the academy is to employ the most talented and inspirational teachers and support staff.
Working at MAS is fast-paced, challenging and exciting, offering an inspiring environment and an array of fantastic opportunities. Our staff and students work closely together to achieve their best, making the academy a rewarding and fulfilling place of work. All of our staff are highly valued and recognised for the important part they play in the success of our academy, we pride ourselves on the outstanding provision for staff as well as students.
As a member of staff at Mulberry Academy Shoreditch, you will benefit from:
- The full support of an experienced Senior Leadership Team
- An established Career Development Programme, validated by the Institute of Education
- Outstanding facilities including a Sports Centre with state-of-the-art fitness suite
- A location within a vibrant London borough, with excellent transport links connecting you to all the attractions of this international city
- A diverse and friendly student and staff body
- A competitive salary with inner-London weighting and pension scheme
- Staff loyalty annual bonus scheme
- Free healthy breakfast during term time
- Free staff lunch every Friday
- Cycle to work scheme that allows you to get a new bike, clothing or accessories
- Free eye and eyesight tests and a choice of modern frames and lenses
- Discount/cashback scheme that offers huge savings on purchases (including the regular grocery shop), eating out, entertainment and much more
- Access to our Lifeskills portal that offers advice on a range of useful matters, including mortgage, tenancy, personal finance and budgeting
- Confidential 24/7 counselling support service for practical advice (including legal) or emotional support with either personal or work issues
- Access to Season Ticket Loans
- Sabbatical scheme
- Range of training opportunities
If you believe you have the passion, resilience and ambition, coupled with a genuine talent for bringing out the best in young people, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact us if you have any questions (0207 920 7900).
Online searches and reference checks may be carried out on all shortlisted candidates as part of our pre-recruitment checks processes in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education.
Please find our Child Protection policy and Safer Recruitment policy here:
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.