Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to work within a school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs in South East London. This is a full-time, permanent role starting in January 2018 within an independent school that caters for students in Year 6 up to Year 9. The successful English Teacher will be required to teach English across KS3. An unqualified English Teacher or Primary Teacher may also be considered for this role.
About the Role
· English Teacher teaching across KS3 (2 classes, 20 pupils)
· Teaching cross-curricular project to their form (10 pupils, 1 lesson per day, including Science)
· Teaching PSHCE to their form
· Work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach
· Ensuring books, assessments (3 per year), reports (3 per year) and learning environments are outstanding
· Leading a team of 2/3 support workers to professionally and effectively achieve team goals
· Yearly salary starting from £25,000
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers, qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff
· 41 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
· Padded time-out room available
· Apple Macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school.
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
· Proven experience teaching English (preferred)
· Keen on continuing PD portfolio
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD49788.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.