St. Andrews International School, Green Valley
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Start date:
- 01 Jan 2018
- Apply by:
- 30 September 2017
To provide quality teaching and learning according to the school’s teaching and learning policy, in English lessons for students in Secondary.
• Ensure classroom practice is in keeping with the classroom expectations for staff at St. Andrews.
• Ensure that the learning outcomes for each year group are clearly defined, with clear criteria relating to the School’s assessment and reporting policy
• Monitor the preparation of all internal examination papers, ensuring that they are set consistent with the relevant subject learning outcomes
• Develop attainment targets for each student in relation to benchmark test results and any previous knowledge about the student’s capabilities
• Ensure integration of ICT and the Library as teaching resources and tools into the planning process
• Analyse the students’ examination results in relation to benchmarks including predicted grades and previous years’ results and share findings
• Organise relevant excursions, competitions or other such activities
• Monitor the quality of student homework and students’ compliance with the School’s homework policy
• Ensure that the curriculum is properly differentiated
• Undertake Duty as required by the school Schedule
• Undertake lesson covers as required by the Principal of Secondary
• Attend all Secondary School Assemblies, House events, and School Presentation Day
• Take part in the School’s Extra curriculum programme
• Undertake a position as Home Group Teacher as required
• Maintain appropriate records for student assessment and behaviour
• Maintain appropriate records of meetings with parents – including parent/teacher interviews, phone calls and face to face meetings
• Keep senior staff appraised of any issues involving students – academic and pastoral
• Ensure that teaching programmes are up to date
• Prepare lesson plans that are in line with teaching programme and curricular objectives
• Attend presentation evenings as required by the Principal of Secondary
• Attended timetabled departmental meetings, weekly School Briefing
• Maintain student attendance records for each class
• Maintain effective communication
• Complete student reports each term
• A minimum of 3 years FT teaching experience in a recognised educational institution
• Experience teaching IB Diploma, IGCSE Curriculum would be an advantage
• Experience in an International School environment would be a distinct advantage
• Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and time management
• Ability to work as a part of a team and an interest in participating in the wider school community
• Qualified to work with/teach students
If you would like to express your interest for any positions please complete the Application Form and send along with your up to date CV, cover letter and email contacts for four (4) referees.
About St. Andrews International School, Green Valley
- St. Andrews International School, Green Valley
- No.1 Moo 7, Banchang-Makham Koo Road, Banchang
St. Andrews Green Valley is located on the Green Valley golf complex in Rayong, an hour and a half outside of Bangkok and twenty minutes from the city of Pattaya and the beautiful coastline of the Gulf of Thailand. The campus is situated between lush, green hills and three championship standard golf courses. We have an environment second to none for educating our students and make the most of the opportunities it affords us.
The school has been open since 1996, and has steadily grown to around 450 students aged 2-18. Our target is to grow to approximately 560 students – i.e. a full two-form entry school. We are at an exciting stage of our development, with our Primary school now delivering the IB Primary Years Programme. Whilst our Secondary school continues to achieve outstanding IGCSE and IB Diploma results through a broad and balance international curriculum.
St. Andrews International Schools in Thailand are part of Cognita, a global school network of 85 schools in twelve countries. Providing excellent teaching and supporting every child to achieve their potential are the cornerstones of a Cognita education.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.