SAGE Education Services was formed out of a desire to fill a gap in quality exam preparation, coaching and tutoring in Dubai. We are dedicated to providing students with a critical range of exam preparation courses, as well as group and individual tutoring with a unique methodology in conjunction with talented and responsive trainers. Beyond just raising scores and grades, we ensure that students have a time management, stress management, and goal strategies into our course in order to fill in the gaps with extraordinary success rates. Our professional and highly qualified trainers have years of success in helping students achieve their goals. Our classes are always vibrant, engaging each and every student to bring out his or her best. Our unique course material developed by American and British educators focuses on critical exam strategies and ensuring high success rates.
We seek an energetic, well qualified and highly committed English trainer possessing excellent language and literary skills, to provide dynamic instruction for the SAT standardized test, I/GCSE- A Level Literature and Language and International Baccalaureate syllabi within this highly successful tutoring and exam preparation centre. Self-motivation is key at SAGE where incentives are provided for individuals who work to continuously innovate, collaborate and contribute to the prosperity of the organisation. If you are a passionate educator looking for an opportunity to further your skill set and support students on an individual basis away from the traditional classroom setting this is the perfect role for you.
The English Trainer will report directly to the Head of Trainers with whom she/he has weekly meetings.
The person appointed will be working 39 hours per week over 5 days, with two days off in the week and weekends being worked. They will deliver small group and individual sessions to prepare students for SAT examinations, whilst supporting students to further develop necessary competencies for I/GCSE, A-Level, and International Baccalaureate syllabi as required.
The role of the English trainer includes the following:
- Planning and assessing progress of students within tutoring sessions
- Setting and developing achievable goals with students and parents
- Running and assessing student progress within examination preparation sessions
- Continuously communicating with students and parents regarding progress and necessary homework
- Innovating and adapting course material as required
- Reporting planning and progress to the Head of Trainers weekly
- Supporting the social media representation with student engagement posts, tutorials and tips, and results.
- Participating in meetings with potential clients, explaining our services and promoting the centre.
- Supporting secretarial staff to answer queries and offer expertise to clients over the phone when necessary.
Preparation of Material
- The trainer should be aware of the requirements of each Secondary grade level. If any student needs arise where the trainer finds they are not knowledgeable, the trainer should undertake personal reading and learning for continual professional development
- The trainer should have a strong understanding of the SAT and be able to share developed strategies to ensure point score improvement for every calibre of student.
- The trainer should maintain a 6-week overview for each student which links to their agreed goals and forms essential accountability within the review process.
- The trainer should come to each session with the resources necessary for the session prepared and have communicated student requirements within an appropriate time frame. This should also be shared with the Head Trainer in advance.
- Admissions consultancy to the US, UK or Canada
- American Advanced Placement syllabus
Willingness to be trained to deliver the above services is essential.
- 18,000 AED p/m for qualified teachers and 15,000 AED p/m for unqualified teachers
- Medical insurance provided
- 30 days holiday per annum as per UAE law.
- 2-year contract with 6 months probation period
- Visa paid for and provided by SAGE Education Services
- Gratuity after 2 years paid in line with UAE law
If all preferable experience is also present within a candidate, the salary is negotiable.
All applications should be made in writing to Mr Talat Ali, Managing Director, with a letter of application and curriculum vitae complete with the names and contact details of two professional referees, one of whom should ideally be in a position of management at the applicant’s present post. The application should be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject outlining the ‘Application for English Trainer’.
SAGE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; successful candidate will be asked to undertake the international child protection certificate for Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th April 2019. Interviews to be held on Friday 26th April 2019