- AM1 - AUPR5 £29,377 - £48,481 Dependent on experience
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018
- Apply by:
- 26 January 2018
Teacher of English
Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium. The secondary school opened in 2010 and has grown year on year with each new intake of students with our first cohort of Year 13 students taking up their university places in 2017.
We have a very strong and growing sixth form with expanding numbers taking English Literature. Through our commitment to English, students make very good progress at GCSE. Attainment is also very high.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of English who will join a dynamic and committed department from September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school. TLRs are available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate .
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach English at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of English or have the potential to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have proven experience of working of the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing a new ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful English team that has an exceptional track record for training English teachers
- access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, including moderation opportunities across all Ark Schools.
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates, with TLRs available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
Continuous staff development is key feature of Ark Academy. We have a minimum of 10 training days, including moderation opportunities across Ark schools and weekly in school sessions of a high standard led by a wide variety of staff. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and the Lead Practitioner course.
Deadline: 9am on Friday 26th January 2018.
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS (Inner London), £29,377 – £48,481, dependent on experience TLRs are additional
Location: Wembley Park, London (two-minute walk from Metropolitan and Jubilee line tube lines)
Start date: September 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About Ark Academy
- Ark Academy
- Bridge Road, Wembley
- HA9 9JP
- United Kingdom
About Ark Academy
Ark Academy is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational all-through academy for 3 to 18-year-olds in Wembley, London. It opened its primary school in September 2008 and its secondary school in September 2010. Ark Academy is recently rated as one of the top 100 non-selective state schools in England.
The school motto - ‘Civitas' - is at our core and will be seen everywhere around the school. We pride ourselves for being first and foremost citizens and this is what binds us together. The academy believes in high aspirations, high motivation and high achievement for all. We want our students to grow into rounded, confident, ambitious young people who aspire to high achievement and will make a mark on the world, and our staff to be striving to constantly deliver the best possible education and experience to all our pupils. Hence, we hold staff development of the utmost importance. In order to deliver the best training and network events, we offer twice as many training days as standard.
Ark Academy has at its core the pursuit of highest standards possible in education. We believe in high aspirations, high motivation and high achievement for all. Through our extended curriculum and community life we seek to meet the needs of the whole person. Civitas - citizenship - is at our core. We will build a community of civic pride and social justice in which all members are equally valued. We are committed to the service of young people and help them play their full part in society.
In light of this we aim to:
- Provide every student with the knowledge, skills, self belief and motivation to be successful in their learning and lives
- Welcome, value and respect all who come to the school
- Build a community based on justice and a sense of personal responsibility
- Provide opportunities for all to experience Civitas whilst developing a spirit of tolerance and understanding for all cultures, traditions and faiths
- Promote dialogue and co-operation with the wider community
The DNA of Ark Academy
The DNA of Ark Academy is based on the six pillars of Ark Schools and developed into our own unique feel generated by a genuine buy in for our core values. Our values are also underpinned by our habits and ‘the way we do things around here’. We believe that in Ark Academy the following principles are tangible and central to achieving our mission from Reception through to Year 13:
1. High expectations
2. Excellent teaching
3. Knowing every child
4. Depth for breadth
5. Exemplary behaviour
6. Always learning
Our curriculum model is based on the values as outlined in the Ark Academy DNA. Depth for breadth confirms our emphasis on firm foundations in English, mathematics and science which are supported by a broad range of subjects throughout KS3 and a balanced option process in KS4.
With 30 periods per week of formal classes (55minutes per lesson) we are able to provide every student with a rich and varied curriculum, supplemented by an extended curriculum including both enrichment sessions and study support..
In their first full inspection of Ark Academy, Ofsted inspectors have rated the academy as an outstanding school with outstanding capacity for sustained further improvement. Ofsted’s main conclusion was that:
“The new school has quickly established high expectations and secured impressive progress in the short period since opening. Pupils make outstanding progress in their studies. They greatly enjoy coming to school and attendance is high. Pupils behave well and they respond enthusiastically to the growing team of dedicated staff. Relationships between adults and pupils are very positive and help to promote above average attainment.”
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.